"He makes everything beautiful in its time." Ecclesiastes 3:11

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Momma's Day Musings


Gazillion. That's how many times I've watched this YouTube video. Can you spot the difference between romantic love and a mother's love here?



"ᴴᴰ Oscar's Oasis Full Collection ►◄ " Momma Croc " Episode 64/78 from Kids Future


It's embarrassing how we can sometimes take our Moms - and their love - for granted and how we oftentimes want to get away from them.

Mommas have a way of protecting their babies from harm - even when the possible harm is from their family. Just like when Momma Croc shooed the other crocs away from Oscar.

Oscar was sort of adopted by Momma Croc, just like the egg that was forgotten by its mother bird in this movie. Now I don't exactly know what it means to be adopted but I do know how it hurts to be forgotten and - fortunately - how wonderful it is to be remembered.

I am grateful that my mom - my one and only Mama Azon - has loved me the best way she knew how. Not only did she carry me in her womb for nine months, she nurtured me in a way that taught me how to be mindful of the needs of others, not just my own. 

Rarely would it happen that our very own mother birds would forget us. But even when that happens, we can be certain that a Momma Croc will come our way to love us and take care of us as if we are her own. I know this is true because during those times when I was a displaced or "lost egg," a Momma Croc came my way in the person of my Momsie Melanie whose birthday is just around the corner. Happy birthday, Momsie! :)

Today I have a good number of Momma Crocs in my life whose lives help me not only to see but to feel and be assured that I am loved - no matter what - even on those days when I'm having "ganda issues."

Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I’d never forget you—never." - Isaiah 49:15

I would've been a mom but that's another story. Today I want to honor all the mommas in the world - OFMs (overseas Filipino moms), young moms, old moms, single moms, married moms, widowed moms, career moms, fashionista moms, cool moms, moms in prison, moms in the streets, spiritual moms, missionary moms, moms in the military - moms who do not forget their babies but tend to forget themselves as they care for others. If you're reading this and you're a mom, be assured that YOU will never, ever be forgotten. YOU are beautiful and you are loved gazillion times over, no matter what.

Happy Momma's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment